Muhammad Tahir Tabassum
Ambassador for Peace
Cell No. 0092 331 502 6167
Date & place of Birth: October 10, Rawalakot (Kashmir) Pakistan.
1) Masters, International Politics, Belgium, 2007
2) Graduation, Punjab University Lahore, 1996
- Certificate in Library Science, Gold Medal 1978
- Diploma in Dutch Language, Belgium, 2005
- Diploma in Social Orientation, Belgium 2006
Previous: -Professional Career:
1978-1980: Assistant Magazine section, Daily Hurriyet Karachi
1980-1981: Accountant, Army Burn Hall School, Abbottabad
1981-1986: Editor / Librarian, Auqaf Department, Muzaffarabad
1986-1989: Public Relation Officer to President Azad Jammu & Kashmir
1989-1992: Deputy Director, Kashmir Center Inc. (New York) USA
1992-1996: Press Secretary. to Prime Minister, Azad Jammu Kashmir
1998-2003: Editor, Weekly “Istehkam” Rawalakot
2003-2004: Deputy Editor, (In charge Europe Edition) Daily Ausaf, Islamabad
2012-2013 Executive Editor Daily Sadae Chanar, Rawalpindi / Kotli AJK
2013-2014 First Editor Daily Kashmir Post, Islamabad / Muzaffarabad
2012 to-date Chairman, Media and Peace Alliance of South Asia (MAPA)
2014 to-date Editor (Honourary) ANI News Agency, Islamabad
1985 to-date Columnist, Freelance journalist in National Newspapers.
1990-1992: Founder Secretary General Muslim Conference North America.USA
1996-2002: Central Secretary Information, All Jammu and Kashmir Muslim Conference, (Forerunner of the Political Emancipation of the people of the Jammu and Kashmir since 1932 in the leadership of Hon. Late Sardar Abdul Qayyum Khan).
2002-2005: Chairman, Human Rights Wing, Muslim Conference.
2005-2007 Chief Coordinator, Muslim Conference Europe. EU.
2007-2011 Chairman Central Media Cell, Muslim Conference.
2011-2011 Advisor to Prime Minister Azad Kashmir for Human rights.
2012-2014 Central Deputy Secretary General, Muslim Conference.(resigned 2014)
- Founder, President, Institute of Peace and Development (INSPAD) think tank & International NGO, Incorporated in Pakistan & Belgium–to-date (Special Observer Status with United Nations) since 1995.
- Co-Chairman, Institute for Global Peace and Harmony (IGPAH) United Kingdom since 2015.
- Chairman, Kashmir Foundation for Human Development 1987-2005
- Vice President Pakistan Human rights Association 1985-89
- Senior Vice President, Pakistan Social Association (PSA) 1992-6
- Director, Al-Khair University, (AJ&K) Constituent Colleges, Gujranwala, Wah Cantt, Bhimber, Rawalakot campuses – 1996-2005
- Vice President, Sudhan Educational Conference (Azad Kashmir) -2008-2010
- United Nation nominated Ambassador UN Interfaith Harmony week in January 2015
Expertise / Interest Areas:
- Expertise in peace building, political analysis, conflict prevention and transformation, confidence-building and mediation, facilitation and dialogue, capacity building, social orientation civil society, local governance and community mobilization, human rights, coexistence and gender issues.
- Deep knowledge and influence of the Pakistani political landscape and society, including inter-community relations and main threats to peace and stability.
- Expertise in undertaking to run women industrial (Dastekari) centres in Azad Kashmir and Districts of Rawalpindi, Islamabad, kind of activities, amount, post-emergency.
- Vast Experience, contacts and liaison in working on peace building and stability with civil society, media and governmental institutions, semi-government and communities in Europe, Pakistan and Azad Kashmir,
- Experience and understanding of other development programs in the fields of
Conflict border Areas in Azad Kashmir, and Pakistan along with familiarity with
contemporary approaches to peace, human rights and coexistence, including key
challenges and possible achievements.
- Organized, arranged and attended dozens of international and national level important current topics conferences, seminars and lecture series in America, Belgium, Spain, United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, France, Holland, Pakistan and Azad Kashmir since 25 years time to time.
Affiliations: In past
- Member, United Religious Initiative, USA, since 1999.
- Member Pakistan Writer’s Guild since 1984
- Member ( Partner of Conscious) Amnesty International USA, EU since 1990
- Bureau Chief, (Honorary) EYE TV Canada in Belgium 2005-7
- Freelance Writer, IndyMedia News Agency, Belgium 2005-7
- Executive Editor, Daily Perwaz Brussels Belgium 2006-7
- Editor, Kashmir desk, Daily Jazba online Italy, Europe 2005-7
- Resident Editor, Monthly Voice of Kashmir, Belgium 2005-7
- Bureau Chief, Daily Pakistan Observer, at Belgium 2006-8
- Bureau Chief, News Agency SANA, at Belgium 2006-8
Contributions: -Social / Political / Human rights activist / Intellectual:
- Under umbrella of Kashmir Center Inc. (New York, USA), have arranged and organized many Seminars and Conferences relevant to the Human Rights violation, innocent killing in Kashmir with leadership of Mr. Shaheen Khalid Butt Director Kashmir Center New York USA ( 1990-92)
- Met countless delegations and representatives from different parts of the world and convincingly propagated the cause of Kashmir in the light of the UN resolutions for the right of self-determination of the people of the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Successfully organized and led dozens peaceful demonstrations in front of United Nation building New York.
- Delivered various memorandums, letters and statements to UN Representatives regarding the sensitivities of the Kashmir dispute, urging them for an early resolve of the long standing problem, both in Pakistan and abroad.
- As a Social Worker, have been working for the restoration of human rights, peace building, community welfare, rehabilitation of women, youth, orphans and minorities, providing basic educational and health facilities to neglected and poor needy peoples of the rural and far flung areas. Introduced the ideas of community welfare and mass awareness amongst the people of Kashmir, at grass root level.
- As widely informed intellectual and outspoken analyst, made valuable contributions towards the political stability, democracy and human rights in Pakistan & Azad Kashmir, promotion democracy, human development and peace building and drawing worldwide attention for the cause of Kashmir.
- Contributed hundreds of numerous articles, research papers and columns on important international, regional and national current issues, particularly human rights, peace, security, stability, development, counterterrorism and Kashmir cause since 1985.
Awards / Medals: -Has been a proud recipient of numerous prizes, awards and merit certificates in recognition for Social / Political / Human Rights and literary Services from various organizations of International and National repute:
- LinkedIn Global Goodwill Ambassador December 2015
- Brand Ambassador International Olympic University November 2015
- Gold Medal presented by Idara Farogh-e-e Taleem Lahore, May, 2015
- Nominated Ambassador UN Interfaith Harmony Week in 2014.
- Human rights Excellence Award from Prime Minister of Pakistan 2010.
- Ambassador for Peace Award from UPF (Associated with UN) America 2007.
- Goodwill Ambassador by World Students Peace Federation, 2014
- Peace Award 2004 from PSA in All Pakistan Social Workers Conference.
- Social Services Award 2002 from National Council for Homeopathy AJK.
- Literary Award 2001 from Shiblee Group of Colleges, Rawalpindi, Pakistan
- Bahadur Yar Jang Adabi Award 2001, From Pakistan Social Association.
- Allama Iqbal National Award 2000, From Pakistan Social Association.
- Quaid-e-Azam Social Award 1999, From Pakistan Social Association.
- Sitara-e-Simaj (Social Star) by Pakistan Social Association in 1998.
- Muhibban-e-Urdu Award from Anjuman Taraqi-e-Urdu Pakistan, 1983.
Social Media activities: Very active participant of Tweeter, face book and LinkedIn etc with fellowship of above then 40 thousands, influential organizations, institutions, intellectuals and expert around the globe.
Publications: -Authored of Biographies of spiritual personalities of Kashmir:
- Biography of Hazrat Baba Shaadi Shaheed (RA), famous spiritual personality of
South Asia –1987
- Biography of Astana Nairian Sharif, Spiritual Centre of the State of Jammu and
Kashmir – 1998
- Mashaheer-e-Kashmir (Biographical history of Kashmiri personalities)
- Tazkara-e-Aulia-e-Kashmir, Urdu
- Poetry on Kashmir in all regional and local languages
- Political Situation in Kashmir and Role of International NGOs, English
- Poonch, Shaheedon Ki Dharti, Urdu
Widely traveled across the world, particularly USA, Great Britain, European countries, Middle-East, Gulf States, Turkey and participated in various seminars, conferences and meetings at national and international level.
Speeches / Interviews: –
- Had spoken and delivered lectures, speeches and presented papers at various political, Literary and Social conferences, seminars & forums and institutes at international and National levels since 1985.
- Have been interviewed by various media organizations at national and international
level including BBC, VOA, VOG, ABC, Al-Jazeeratv, TWTV, Radio Moscow, FM
Radios, Radio Islam UK, Dubai Radio, PTV, Radio Pakistan, Azad Kashmir Radio, etc,
on different occasions.
Permanent Address: 366 / E, Satellite Town, Gujranwala.
Contact: – P. O. Box # 152, Satellite Town, Rawalpindi – 46000 Pakistan